Frequently Asked Questions

How to get to the park

Information about the park's location, directions, hours, maps, transit and parking are on the Map and Parking page.

Cherry trees / blooming

The cherry trees, a.k.a. the Sakura trees bloom each year in late April or early May. Information about the trees are on the cherry trees page. Each year, a few weeks before blooming begins, updates are posted about the expected blooming date and duration.
FYI, there are Japanese Cherry Trees also on Centre Island at the Toronto Islands.

Wedding / engagement photography

Wedding photography and ceremonies are not allowed in High Park.

At other city parks, a permit is required for all professional photo shoots. Permits are issued by the Ciry of Toronto. More information about photo and wedding permits as well as locations can be found here.


High Park does not have any BBQs. You cannot bring your own BBQ into any City of Toronto Park.


Public washrooms in the park open in late May each year. During the Sakura blooming season most washrooms are closed and until 2014 only a few washrooms were available inside the Grenadier Cafe but portable washrooms have been added for the 2014 blooming season!

Where to eat & drink

The Grenadier Cafe restaurant is located on top of the Hillside gardens, pretty much at the center of the park. They have an indoor seating area as well as a large patio.

You can also get a bite from the burger joint located by the Bloor St. entrance. Aside from burgers they sell fries, poutine, hot dogs and drinks.

There is ice cream and hot dogs by the playground during the summer season and there is another vendor near the sports fields.

Trackless train

Phone: 416-721-2012
High Park Trackless Trains operate daily in the spring, summer, and fall; weather permitting.
The trains are scheduled to start touring the park at 10:30 am and usually run till dusk.
Fares: Adults (ages 12-65): $4.50 / Children & Older Adults: $3.50

Visit the trackless train website

Trackless train inside Toronto's High Park

Lost and found

As far as we know there is no lost & found at the park.

How to file a complaint

Washrooms at High Park need desperate attention. Ask the City to take better care of them!

Of course most problems wouldn't exist in the first place if everyone used the washrooms the way they use their own at home.

Email your complaint to In the subject line, please indicate "Attention: Complaint Handling".

Call 311, contact your local Parks, Forestry & Recreation facility or staff member, or call the main Parks, Forestry & Recreation's Complaints Line at 416-338-5058.

Fax your complaint to the Parks, Forestry & Recreation's General Managerís Office at 416-392-8565.

Mail your complaint to: The General Managerís Office, Attention: Complaint Handling, Parks, Forestry & Recreation, Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen Street West, West Tower, 4th Floor, M5H 2N2.

In person by visiting our staff at any Parks, Forestry & Recreation facility.

Want to expand the FAQ page?

If you have info that the you think the general public would find useful or want to send in a correction, please post it on the forum page - it will be transferred to this FAQ page later. Thank you.